3 Hours 27 Minutes
Join celebrated Canadian artist Tim Packer from start to finish as he creates one of his signature style paintings. This video is chock full of valuable tips and techniques that will allow you to take your paintings to the next level.
You will learn:
- How and why he tones his canvas crimson before beginning to paint.
- How to use watersoluble oils.
- How to prepare your palette and mix luscious saturated colours.
- How to use the principals of composition to create a visual dance for the viewers eye.
- Why he paints the foreground first.
- How to use negative shapes to create a distinctive look.
- How to create the glow of the sun.
- How to paint birch trees bursting with colour.
- How to create movement in your paintings.
- How to determine when a painting is finished.
- And much much more.
Tim Packer’s unique style is instantly recognizable and he credit’s this in part with his philosophy that, “If you paint like everyone else, then your paintings will look like everyone else’s.”
Countless hours of experimentation and “breaking the rules” have led to his unique self taught process to create his own distinctive artistic voice. Now you can learn these steps and incorporate them into your own paintings.